Monday, August 10, 2009



Okay, so I know that I promised that I would be a better blogger and constantly and consistently update this blog. And here it is eight months later. But, come on seriously, raise your hand if you're surprised. Anyone? Hello?

Well, even though this news is several months old, this is the blog post I have waited so long to write. The one I dreamed about. That's a lot of blogging pressure, which may be one of the reasons I delayed it.

On Friday, June 26th, 2009 Heath and I found out the greatest news of our lives! That is the day that we discovered I AM PREGNANT!!!! Finally, after 7 1/2 years of marriage, innumerable prayers, many tears, tests, and drugs that made me go crazy, we were able to conceive! The miracle of this is hard to put into words. And it all happened without the help of infertility drugs.

Without going into the steamy details of the conception, I will say that I KNEW that I was pregnant the day that I conceived. Again, it's hard to put into words exactly how I knew, but I remember it vividly. That night I was driving home from work and an overwhelming warmth and peace flooded my body and I just knew that this time it "worked" and that I was going to have a baby. I felt like Heavenly Father had let me in on a little secret. I just had to wait a couple weeks to confirm it to tell everyone else. Those two weeks felt like two months. After about 9 days I started taking pregnancy tests. I knew it was too early but I couldn't help myself. I saw the dreaded negative that I had seen so many times before, but it was different because this time I knew I was pregnant. Of course doubt started to flood my mind. What if I had only imagined how I would feel if I was pregnant? etc. But I reassured myself that I knew what I had felt. I took the pregnancy test every morning for 4 days and then on the fifth day. . .

Even now I am flooded with the emotions of that day. A wonderful, blissful day that I will cherish my entire life. My initial reaction was mixed with tears and hysterical laughing as I frantically tried to get dressed so I could go and share the news. I am filled with love for all of the friends and family who cried tears of joy as we shared the news. I am so grateful for all of the many prayers that everyone offered on our behalf. We are so excited to enter this new phase in our life and continue to pray that our little baby will be born healthy and strong.

I so look forward to being a mother.

4 comments:

THE SMITH FAMILY said...

congrats!!! You will love motherhood! Welcome to parenthood! It is the best.

Melody said...

When I saw the Ultrasound pics on FB, I decided to check your blog to see if you went into any more detail, so I'm glad you did! Truly, Lisa, I am so very excited for you guys. I know you've waited a very long time and have had to exercise a lot of faith, hope, and trust in the Lord. YEA!!
p.s. We must be due around the same time, as my ultrasound is in a couple of weeks. I'm due April 5. :)

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH....CONGRATULATIONS! I am SO happy and excited for you. What a miracle and a blessing! YAY!

Devin & Ruthann said...

Hey Lisa-it's Kiera's friend, Ruthann. I saw your blog from hers so I clicked on it. I'm SO happy for you guys! I know you and Heath wanted a baby so much. It's so amazing you knew you were pregnant. You already have a mother's intuition! What a blessing! (The intuition and the baby!)