Thursday, August 14, 2008

An old friend from my childhood. . .



Anne of Green Gables. I recently picked up the first book and started reading it again. Man, I forgot how much I love Anne, Marilla, Matthew, Gilbert and all the others on Prince Edward Island. I have all six books from the series, but I confess I have only ever read the first one. My real love of these stories comes from the movies/mini-series they made in the 80's. It's 8 hours of pure joy. I often watched it when I was sick as that was the only time I had that much time to devote to it. I haven't seen the movie in over a decade and now am determined to find it on DVD. I could have an Anne Party!! Also, my lifelong desire to visit Prince Edward Island has been reignited. This is the 100th year since the printing of the first book so they are having all sorts of festivities there. This would have been the year to go. . . *sigh*

5 comments:

Kiera said...

Never seen it or read it!!! I'll have to go to your DVD party to see what makes it so great:).. looks like little house on the praire style.. but I guess when its 100 years old it would:) how fun!!! Where's that island?

Lisa said...

Kiera -
It's an island off the east coast of Canada. You probably would HATE the movie because you don't like period movies. haha! But it's my favorite so maybe you could suffer through it. I think I am going to plan a girl's slumber party to watch it. Wouldn't that be SO FUN!?!? I don't think Amy's seen it either.

Carin said...

I've seen every movie. Read every book. on jonah days, I tell myself that tomorrow is fresh. with no mistakes in it.

good luck with the infertility treatment.

it will happen.

Melissa said...

My roommate has all three movies on DVD. I love watching them!!! She baught them off of Amazon but says she saw them at Costco for cheaper.

Unknown said...

I think this makes a good option for girl time (sorry, tried to think of something that rhymed with bro-time and, well, "ho-time" just didn't seem appropriate).

I watched it... wasn't too bad. I am pretty poor at watching movies my honey likes, but she ALWAYS watches those I want to see... something I need to work on...