Sunday, October 26, 2008

My Bangs: A Brief History

There are few things in this life greater than getting your hair cut and colored and there are few people who do it better than Darcy.

Last week I went to Darcy after having spent the last few years going elsewhere for various reasons. (Moving out of state, trading hair for massage, etc) But I decided I needed Darcy again, and I am renewed in my belief that she is the best.

One of the great things is that Darcy knows me. She knows what I like and knows that I am willing to try new things and so she makes great suggestions for changes in my hair. My hair usually turns out best if I just let her do whatever she wants.

Last week she suggested bangs. Full bangs, not just the side sweeping kind.

Apparently full bangs are making a big comeback.


I don’t think I would have ever thought of requesting this style because the last time I had them was junior high in the early 90’s. And I am scarred as that was the era of the exploding bang. Carefully designed works of art, intricately styled, and making us look utterly ridiculous. (See exhibit A)

Okay, Go ahead and laugh, I know I have.

Though only in my dreams could I get my hair to be as big as my junior high best friend, Krisha. (sorry Krish but those are some pretty sweet bangs and wings!)


Well, I overcame this stigma and took the plunge. And to my surprise, this is the way my hair naturally wants to lay, straight forward. But, I really shouldn’t really have been surprised. Check out the evidence of my early days. (Exhibit B)

Cute as a button, I know.

8 comments:

Karen P said...

SO HILARIOUS!!! That was a really good hair day for me, too! I was so proud of myself. Thanks for the memories. Your hair is definitely movie star quality. Can i get your stylist's phone number? :-)

Unknown said...

Your hair is hot. I have the most wonderful, beautiful and sexy wife in the world.

Though I have to wonder how much of the hole in the Ozone Layer is due to girls and their hair styles in the early 90s...

Kiera said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAH that's AWESOME! I love the crazy bangs.. gotta love those days! you were the CUTEST little girl ever.. you just looked perfect in all those little pictures how fun!
oh that was sweet Heath, what a nice husband!!!

Lisa said...

Lisa, Karen sent me a link to your blog...because of the picture of the 3 of us! Now I thought I looked pretty cute....okay maybe ridiculous is the right word! Love the new hair...I like the color too! Email me if you want and I will send you an invite to my blog.
Lisa (Layton)
lisalars13(at)gmail(dot)com

Melody said...

Yea! I was so happy to find your blog, Lisa, and at such a lucky time as this-- your bangs entry! :) You look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

LOL...hilarious photos from school...and of krisha...love it. your new do is FABULOUS...you look great with dark hair...and the bangs are amazing!

shamers said...

okay, my MOM loved this post and sent me here. you're going to be famous -- or at least gilbert-famous! :) i'm so glad you didn't post a photo of me from those days.

♥ Natalie said...

Oh my GOSH!!! You are hilarious. I never knew you had a hidden talent for writing - way to go! Your new bangs are IT! BIG TIME. And I think it is SO cute how Heath thinks that your hair is hot. And that he has the most wonderful, beautiful and sexiest wife in the world. You are one lucky girl to have such an honest and loving hubby! ;) You two are so cute together.