Sunday, October 26, 2008

There's a New Yarn Lady in Town



My Grandma Arnett is a world famous knitter. . . well, okay, maybe not world famous, but she is renowned in our family. For as long as I can remember, she always had a knitting or crocheting project in her purse. She has an entire closet dedicated to the stocking of yarn and there are several favorite family stories involving her storing yarn in bizarre places, like the washing machine. If you know my Grandma, or have even met her one time, chances are you have at least SOMETHING knitted or crocheted from her. Well, I thought that it would be a shame for me not to learn this talent from her as it is obviously something she loves. So, I requested a quick lesson. She taught me a few patterns and I worked on some dish cloths. I soon tired of those and wanted to move on to bigger projects. I am almost finished with a baby blanket for Dylan and have just begun one for Cali. I am still a beginner, but I hope to someday be as good as my Grandma. It is fun, relaxing, and extremely addicting. I am grateful that I was able to learn this from my wonderful Grandma as I aspire to be just like her someday. I can now be found with a yarn project in my purse and have admittedly spent an ENTIRE day unraveling a ball of yarn that was knotted up. Incidentally, the blanket on my lap in these pictures was a given to me from Grandma. :)

5 comments:

Karen P said...

lisa, i found you while blog stalking. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your brown hair!!!! do you want to chill sometime together? Love ya,
KCoop

Kiera said...

I LOVE IT!! It cracks me up whn you talk about spending a day getting out a knott.. it must really be an addicting habit! You are a natural at it, just like your grandma! I LOVE the blanket and CAN'T wait to see it finished, my little boy is soo lucky to get something homemade from you, and one of the firsts:).. Your awesome.. and your face looks perfect in that first picture.. like porcelian!

Megan said...

You look beautiful in these pictures, Lisa!

♥ Natalie said...

You are awesome. Hey, I need a new dishcloth or maybe even two. I have managed to wear out the ones that your Grandma gave me. How much for a replacement?? ;)

Maryjane Arnett said...

Yes the ultimate excuse to have the tv on! Just kidding, but we know it is great. I haven't started the knitting yet, but have finished one crocheted blanket, thanks to my grandma and yours! You guys will have to come up to Flag this winter and we can knit in front of the woodstove and watch snowfall....oh yeah!